The 2015 KCCAA Spring Visa Event will be held in Emmanuel Chinese Baptist Church (10101 England Dr, Overland Park, KS 66212) on Saturday March 28th between 1:30 and 4:30pm.
In order to better serve the local community, and have an efficient process, please note below items:
- The service is open to the public, and whoever needs visa to visit China.
- The service is for the visa to visit China only, NO Chinese passport renewal, travel certificate, and/or authentication service during this event.
- The Consulate-General of China in Chicago has updated the detailed information related to the application process, including visa type, validity, and required documents for each visa type, and fees. Please refer attached link for detailed information: http://www.chinaconsulatechicago.org/eng/ywzn/qzhz/qz/
· Effective November 12, 2014 and based on the new reciprocal visa agreement between US and China, most US passport holders are eligible for 10-year multiple-entry visas. For US passport holder, the required fee is $140. Please prepare money order and/or cashier’s check for the fees required for the visa application, and make it payable to “Chinese Consulate General”.
· Effective March 9, 2015 and based on the new agreement between Canada and China, Canada passport holders are eligible for the visa with the validity period of up to 10 years. For Canada passport holder, the required fee is $80. Please prepare money order and/or cashier’s check for the fees required for the visa application, and make it payable to “Chinese Consulate General”.
- KCCAA will review each application, collect required fees, and deliver the received passports to The Consulate-General of China in Chicago directly without going through third party.
- KCCAA will notify you the detailed location and time to pick up your passport and visa, when the visa were issued and the passports were received, in approximately in 1-2 weeks.
- KCCAA Processing Fee (Cash/Check/Money Order): $40 (KCCAA member) and $50 (Non-member) per passport. The KCCAA membership ($10 per family for 2015) can be purchased during the visa event.
As a 501C (3) registered non-profit associate, Kansas City Chinese American Association (KCCAA) is dedicated to celebrate Chinese heritage and serve local Chinese and American communities. As KCCAA member, you will receive the discount processing fees for this visa event, as well as discounts on processing fee for passport event, annual Chinese New Year Celebration Gala tickets, and many local vendors. Also, the KCCAA membership is for the whole family, i.e. every family member can take advantage of the membership benefit by have a single family member.
In addition to this visa event, the 2015 Fall Passport Event is currently planned to be held in September 2015 for Chinese passport, travel certificate, and authentication related service. The Consuls from The Consulate-General of China in Chicago will be present on site for the service and answer any questions you may have related to the service face to face.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.